Is it really dangerous for babies to sleep with their mom in the same bed?

Many people say that sleeping in one bed with a child is bad. This makes the child too clingy. And he never rushes to sleep on his bed. I slept with my child in bed for three years. But it hasn't made him any "softer". He's a perfectly ordinary child. He's sleeping in his bed by now.
When I told people that we were sleeping together, everyone had something negative to say. They were all in the mood to pamper the baby's own cuddle. But I was constantly feeling tired because I had to get out of bed and go to the baby's cot to give him food. I just couldn't get up at night and took my baby in my crib. I felt bad every time I mentioned that the baby was sleeping in my cuddle.
But then I read the articles, which stated that it is okay to sleep with the baby in one bed as it strengthens their nerve system and creates a feeling of trust. In addition, a bit older girlfriend was sleeping with her child in one bed and her child is sociable and altogether a nice kid. There is no sign that he is clinging too hard on her. So I thought I shouldn't be afraid about the bad things that people say. Because I wouldn't have to listen to them. I hope that all mothers will listen to their hearts rather than society...

Comments