Pizza for lunch

 Who said, that making pizza must be an endless process? When I was searching for recpies I always found the ones where you have long levitation process, approx 24 hours. And that makes making pizza at home quiet annoying. 

We had in fridge two mozzarella cheeses, that were expiring today, and my husband looked at me and asked, if I can make a pizza. First my thought was hell no! But then I opened google and started to search for some recipe that would have "short" process. 

And I found it! Thanks to Fatto In Casa da Benedetta. I honestly love that website. You have all there. Video, recipe, explanations and in facbook page she is replying ot you as well if you want to ask some advice how to modify the recipe. Problem is that it is only in italian. Solution = use google! :D 

Anyway. Our pizza came fabulous. My hubby was super happy and I cannot wait to repeat the process again for my sister, who says that one day she comes to visit me. We live 3 thousand kilometers a part and covid situation is ruining our plans this year. 
Hopefully next year will be much better :) 

And here are simple ingredients 

500 gr of flour

400 ml water

7gr of dry yeast

2 teaspoons of sugar 

1 teaspoon of salt

50 ml olive oil

300 gr of tomato sauce ( + salt and spices )

250 gr Mozzarella cut to pieces

Steps: 

Mix flour, yeast, sugar and salt 

Add warm water + oil 

Mix it all together and leave it warm place for 2 hrs approx. 

After rising time we need to put in a oven plate with an approx size of 35 x 35 cm. Original recipe says to put some oil in the pan, but I used simple baking paper and no olive oil. The dough is bit liquid and sticky and that is the reason they recommend oil. As well they use oily hands to put the dough on the pan and spread it. I used a spoon instead. I liked the taste better without adding so much oil. But of course, it is upto a person, how they like it.
You leave the dough to rise for another 10 minutes, then you will add warm tomato sauce with spices. 
She says as well to cook the pizza in the oven 20 minutes with only sauce in 200 degrees and then add mozzarella. I put all into the oven immediately used 200 degrees and cooked for 25 minutes took it out and add parmesan cheese and cooked it another 5 minutes. It came delicious! :) 

If you speak italian check out her website it is truly golden spot for nice recipes. 

Cook at home and have fun ! 





Comments

Post a Comment