My favorite sweet dish - Tiramisu

Apparently Tiramisu was invented by one bar tender in Italy. Tiramisu means literally pull me up, but you can as well translate it make me feel better or make me happy. 
As all Italian dishes it is easy to prepare. Just bit of love into the action and it is amazing. 
 
All you need is the following: 

- 300 gr savoiardi biscuits
- 500 gr mascarpone cheese
- 200 gr sugar
- 4 fresh eggs
- cacao, to cover tiramisu. So based on the need. 
- espresso, as much you think it is needed I have never measured, but in recipe it is always noted around 250 - 300 gr
- if you wish to add liquore, then I suggest for example Marsala or Vana Tallinn 
I have tried with both and it adds extra kick into the taste.

1) Separate yolks from egg whites, putting them into 2 different bowls ( you will need them both)
2) Add sugar to the yolks, whip until you get nice cream
3) Add mascarpone to the yolk cream, stir with spoon
3) Whip egg whites until you get nice cream
4) Have espresso ready in one bowl, best if cold or in room temperature
(If you are using liquore, add it into the coffee) 
5) Tip savoiardi in the coffee and place them into the bowl or cup, where you are going to make te tiramisu. One layer of savoiardi with coffee other layer cream. 
6) On the top add cacao powder 
7) Place it in the fridge, it is best eaten next day 

It is one of my favorite sweet dishes from Italy. Of course, it is full of calories, so prepare for a run next day to burn them off! 

ENJOY!




Comments