Kitchen talks

I was checking apartments for rent, just because sometimes I like to watch them. Get ideas for interior design, to dream about my future house and color combinations. 
What I started to notice are that the kitchens are non existent. I mean, they are in the apartment, but they seem like angles where to cook a snack which you can take with you on the couch to eat it as popcorn. Where are real kitchens? Don't people cook anymore at home? 
Picture from Google

For example this one here, seems like a bar table. What if you want to ask your friends come over? What if you would like to cook for your birthday party? These are the questions popping up in my head. 

I love big kitchens. Italian, actually Mediterranean style kitchens. Spacious with big table. First time when I went to Italy I did not understood their affection for food and eating. And to be honest, I did not understand why to waste so much space for kitchen area. With time I learnt that kitchen is a heart of a family. You prepare your meals, have your daily discussions with family and eat!
My dream kitchen is big! Not because I am in fond of cooking, but because it is a
Picture from Google
heart of every home in my opinion. Heart must be big and good, with great quality. 
I love to have friends over and have dinner together. Or family gatherings. Amazing quality time are spent with family and friends. 

Lot of people area saying that it is easier to go to restaurant and eat there. No cleaning of dishes no messy kitchen. You have people serving you and it is much easier. I can agree that time to time to go to restaurant is not bad idea. But all the time eating out or ordering from restaurants for me is a no go. 
Of course nowadays life speed is fast. We need all fast- fast. But what is the price of this super fast lifestyle? What do we want to achieve? 
Maybe it was good that Covid came, so we can enjoy our lives better and learn what is most important. For me - big kitchen :D 


 


Comments