Book review: E. Snowden Permanent Record

"Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." 

Great story of a simple guy, who worked for government subcontracted by Dell for many years. He is telling us about his life and why he decided to become "whistle blower", becoming the most wanted man by CIA and NSA and how he ended up living in Moscow. In some point I was amazed, how young he was and that he decided to give up on his comfortable life style. Work, house, wife ... one day maybe kids and circle would be complete. Instead he decided to turn things up side down and expose the government's access to technology, that evades our privacy. 

Some moments I was thinking, that these occurrences cannot be true!  It seemed cyberpunk rather than real life. But he claims that all moments were true.
Probably his escape story was written as normal happening, but I can only imagine the emotions he had and what he went through. 

I truly loved this autobiography. 
I read it in Italian, but I think it is translated in most of the languages. And of course 
It is available in English. As per italian translation, it was truly well written. 

From me 4 stars & I recommend to read it. 

Cheers to all Book Lovers :) 



Comments