What did you learn too late in life?



What did you learn too late in life?



1.That not that many people give a shit about you. So just be whoever you want to be.

2. If something is important, do it now. 

3. That everyone else is just trying to figure stuff out, too. Even the calm and collected ones. Many “experts” are just a step or two ahead of you. 

4. When older people tell you to take care of your ears and teeth, listen to them. My tooth are broken.

5. If you let people take advantage of you, they will.

6. When someone tells you that they're an asshole, believe them. Never try to change someone into the person you want them to be. It won't work. I know, because I am an asshole and I never want to change.

7. Never lend out money that you can't afford to lose. Never doing it again. I lost $2k.

8. David Foster Wallace — 'You will become way less concerned with what other people think of you when you realize how seldom they do.'

9. Should have stayed in shape. I'm fat and lazy. I need motivation! 

10. You don't need to recreate your parent's standard of living at 22.
11. You need to force yourself to socialize. Don't isolate yourself. I don't have friends anymore. Lost all my friends when I started a full-time job in being a mom. 


Comments