When you love cold & snow

When you love cold & snow


Maybe 10 years ago, I disliked cold weather and let's not even talk about snow. I did not like anything about it. Putting on clothes and walking around like a mammoth, feeling fat and harboring the fear of falling down in the street. Actually, it happened once. I was walking merrily, thinking my happy thoughts and kaboom! I fell. Ice was covered with snow and I did not even imagine something like this might happen walking around on the street in one of the capital cities of Europe. Oh well! Ingenious as I am. After that little accident, I started to laugh. What else could have I possibly done? People were passing by and watching me with strange faces. Or maybe I was imagining it? Who knows! Anyway, I always thought of cold weather and snow to be uncomfortable.
Now, maybe it is because of my age, I miss snow and cold weather. It is snowing today in Bratislava and I enjoy it. I adore watching out on my balcony: observing the snow falling silently. Having a cup of tea and peering outside - it is so relaxing.
It reminds me of my childhood, when we went out for skiing and ice skating: snow was still fun and something normal.
This year, after a long time, I bought myself proper winter boots from Tamaris.
They are super comfy. Let's see if they are up to the challenge this winter time :)
Booked a flight to Estonia, where the temperature can fall down to -30 degrees Celsius during January & February. I cannot wait to be there already and hope there is a lot of snow!
You might be thinking that I am a bit crazy because I want to go where is cold! Yes, I was thinking the same thing 10 years ago and I was searching for eternal heat! Like in Australia: there is perfect weather. No snow in the cities. Mostly sunny (in some cities too hot!) Anyway, there I discovered, that I need my four seasons and that includes cold weather and snow. And that is the reason I want to visit my home country in January/February. I love it. I have a soft spot for the frozen sea, playing in the snow and in the cold - it will all be fantastic!



Comments