Short Story: "Oscar Is Lost 2"

Short Story: "Oscar Is Lost 2"


When Oscar woke up, he thought it was just a dream. He didn't believe that the tree was talking to him. He climbed back down and looked around. But then he heard a growling yawn. He looked again at the tree and the tree shook itself.
Then the tree said: 
"Good morning."
Oskar, was stunned and replied shyly:
"Hi..I thought I dreamed, that you were talking to me."
"No, I can speak. I wanted to talk with you, but you fell asleep so fast yesterday."
"I was tired. I still can't go home. I don't know, where my home is."
"You know, I can talk to other trees and find your way home. Our roots are deep underground and we communicate through our roots."
"How?" Oskar asked surprised. 
"I can't explain how. We just know the thoughts of other trees through the roots."
"How would you know where I live?" he asked again not believing his ears. 
"Every street has its own trees. I ask everyone, if they saw you running yesterday, so you can find the way home."
The tree began to spread words through the roots. And in a minute, he had the Oscars way to home.
"Oskar, I found your way home. You have to go down the next street to right and then run until you see a big yellow pole, and from there to a big tree, turn right and run straight until you see a familiar house. And then you find the way home."
"Thank you, I never thought trees could speak.  And never thought trees were so friendly." he said gratefully. 
"If you ever get here, come and talk. I haven't talked to anyone in a while."
"Okay, let's do it. Until next time." Oscar said and started to run home. 

Oskar ran home. Mom and Dad were very worried about Oscar. They were up all night. At first, they were angry with Oscar, but then they were happy that Oscar had come home.

Comments