How to teach my cat not to destroy our home

My cat breaks everything: he chewed the wallpaper, broke the lights on my aquarium. For some reason, my cat has a constant need to jump on the aquarium. A little bad jump and the light of the Juwel aquarium is already flying off and the light is falling into the water. The light was broken and we had to order a new lamp. How do I punish my cat? He doesn't understand my language.

One day I put him in the bathroom for a while because I was in the aquarium and I was catching shrimps and I didn't want him to eat them. As I was returning, I saw that he had chewed and broken my bathroom wall cover. 
Now we had to start fixing the bathroom.

But because he likes to go high, he constantly jumps to the closet. And then when he is at the top of the closet, he just throws things on the floor.
So now I don't know how to train my cat to be normal. Or how to teach him to not destroy my home.


Comments