How To Clean An Aquarium

How To Clean An Aquarium


The most exciting part of keeping an aquarium is cleaning it.
It takes time. Of course, this depends on the size of the aquarium. If you have a bigger aquarium, you could clean it less often (depending on who lives there) but a smaller aquarium should be more frequent but take less time.
Small aquariums generate more toxic substances because of their smaller ecosystem.
I have two aquariums one is 250l and the other 22l. It takes about 1.5h to clean a 250l aquarium and 30min to clean a small aquarium. 
I have a lot of plants in aquariums, so I don't have to clean the bottom so much because the plants eat the bottom waste.
First of all, I take about 20% of the water away. And then I start cleaning the glasses. Since there are algae on the glasses, I like them to be clean.
After the glasses, I see if some of the overgrown plants can be removed and then pour in new water. Since I'm coming straight from the tap, I add a little chemistry so the new water doesn't hurt the fish.
In a 22l aquarium, I take about 2l of water. I add clean water that has been standing for a week. I also clean the glasses. Only that I don't clean all the glasses. I only do the glass that I look into the aquarium. Since algae is a natural food for shrimp, it is not worth scraping it off.


Comments