Christmas tree

In one far away forest two spruce trees were chatting to each other
„I will be chosen to be a Christmas tree this year. I am big and very nice looking. It would be a pleasure to decorate me.“
„I am too, very big and attractive,“ said the other tree.
Not very distant from two chatting spruce trees, there in the corner was one sad and tiny tree. He was thinking, that he is not beautiful enough to be chosen to decorate someone's warm home. He even refused to talk with others, because they were making fun of him.
People started coming to the forest in search for a perfect Christmas tree. All big and beautiful spruce trees went to people's homes to bring the perfect feeling of Christmas, but the small tree was still there. Waiting and waiting for someone to come.
A day before Christmas father with his son came to the forest in search for a tree. Son saw the little lonely tree.
„Dad, can I take this little tree and put him into my room?“
„Why would you need a small tree in your room?“ asked father.
„But father, look at this small tree. He is so sad and alone there. And I have space in my room,“ said the boy.
„Oh, well. Let’s take the little one as well,“ agreed father.
When the little sad spruce tree heard these words, it brought so much joy to him, that he tightened up his flabby tip. The little sad tree became even more beautiful once he was in the boy's room, holding his evergreen needles even after Christmas was over.

Comments